BooksForABuck.com Newsletter--July, 2010
News and Events
- Welcome to the July edition of the BooksForABuck.com newsletter.
You may not be as tuned to the eBook market as I am. If you've missed the pricing action, though, it's time to wake up. Amazon has dropped the price of its Kindle from $259 to $189. Barnes and Noble has dropped the price of its Nook to $199 and introduced a Wi-Fi Nook for only $149. If you've thought these devices were too expensive, the barrier just went down a ton. Also, both Barnes and Noble and Amazon Kindle offer reading software for multiple devices including the iPhone/iPad, the Android, and of couse the PC. (Please note that BooksForABuck.com's books are compatible with both the Kindle and Nook).
If you're not yet a subscriber to this monthly newsletter, follow the link on the bottom to subscribe. We send only a monthly notification so you won't be bombarded by spam and you'll stay current on new releases, author activities, special information, reviews and eBook news.
- You can buy BooksForABuck.com stuff from our Cafe Press Store (no markup). (Authors, please let me know if you're interested in your own Cafe Press Store. It's free and I'll be happy to help with artwork and to link to it.)
- If you haven't already done so, check out our videos page. Trailers, video versions, author rants, and just-for-fun entertainment.
- Available in bookstores? Thanks to an agreement between printers, many of our books (the paperback versions) are now orderable through your local bookstore. Of course, they're also available through Amazon. Authors, you may be able to work with your local bookstore for signings. e-mail me if you have questions.
Coming in July:
TO KILL A JUDGE by Paul Nelson. A man is sent to prison in a gross miscarriage of justice, experiences even more injustice in the system, and vows revenge. Available in late July.
Released in June:
Available June 3, DEADLINE ZOMBIES by Teel James Glenn. A newspaper reporter is looking for the facts...and trying to make time to play the horses. Instead of playing the horses, though, he's in danger of becoming one as he runs into an evil shapeshifter, a hypnotist with dreams of re-filming Ben Hur, a special effects master whose effects are truly 'special,' an angry gunman with a skullmask, Irish fae, and angry nazis, as well as a pretty redhead who thinks our reporter is a good guy despite everything. Glenn adopts the style of 1930s pulp fiction in an entertaining adventure. $1.00 price expires July 3.
MEDIUM IN THE MIDDLE by Rob Preece... a woman can't help seeing ghosts no matter how much trouble they get her into, and a sexy cop thinks he's going crazy too when he starts to believe her. Available for only $1.00 until July 26.
The regular price for these books is a super-affordable $3.99.
What our authors are up to
- Karen Leabo is teaching an on-line class in 'The Plot Fixer--15 most common problems found in manuscripts' for the Mid-Willamette Valley Romance Writers of America (July 5-25).
- Rob Preece is conducting a class in What the action heroine knows and the author should for the Romance Writers of America Kiss of Death chapter.
- S. K. O'Toole's art will be on display at the B. J. Spoke Gallery in Huntington. (Congratulations, SK).
- Author Mike Markel is offering a special benefit for purchasers of his mystery, BIG SICK HEART. If you're among the first 100 customers to e-mail us and let us know which character in his book (other than the man diagnosed with a heart condition) has a 'big sick heart,' you'll be entered in a drawing to win $100. That's $100 for 100. (I'll post here when the contest is closed so act quickly).
We added reviews of the following books during June:
- Romance/Women's Fiction
- Science Fiction/Fantasy
Some of our authors are on MySpace. Ask them to be your friend
Many of our authors are on Facebook. Be sure to friend them, too. Included are Rob Preece, Teel James Glenm. Kate Rothwell, Paul Nelson, Victoria Chancellor, Kenneth E. Ingle, Joshua Calkins-Treworgy and Kara Lennox. If your'e a Facebook member, search them out. (If you're a BooksForABuck.com author and your name isn't on the list, e-mail me).
Find out about the life and writing of an author-publisher. Check it out and add your comments.
Not a newsletter subscriber--YET? It's FREE. Click the Join Now button below.
Click to join BooksForABuckNewsletter
See the Newsletter archive