BooksForABuck.com Newsletter--June, 2008
If you're like me, you're probably wondering, how come I wear shirts with logos for various races and companies, but don't have any great BooksForABuck.com apparel (okay, maybe this is something you've never wondered, but now that you consider the possibility...). Well, we've opened a Cafe Press store with some cool BFAB loot including t-shirts, a great hoodie sweatshirt, a coffee mug, a cap, and (my personal favorite) a book bag (messenger bag). I haven't added any markup, so all of these are available at cost. Check it out here: www.cafepress.com/booksforabuck. If you're a booksforabuck.com author and would like to have your own Cafe Press store, let me know. I'll help you with the art work and link to your store (and you can mark prices up).
We published one new book in May--and if you act quickly there's still time to take advantage of the introductory $1 pricing.
GLASS HOURS by Cathy Richard Dodson tells of a young woman thrown from the past to the present through a tragedy she can't remember. She discovers that many of the people in her new present remind her of those she left behind--but with differences that might prove fatal. Two men both vie for her attention--one dark and dangerous, the other apparently kind. Can she make the right choice? Read the review or the free excerpt. Price is only $3.99--but only $1 until June 24th.
Coming in June, we're looking forward to publication of HUNGER by Rob Preece--a sexy paranormal. Also in June, the latest from Rob Clague--WHITEFELLA DREAMING is the story of an Australian undertaking a mystical journey across the outback. (Note: some of you may see that we anticipated WHITEFELLA DREAMING in May. I'm waiting for the final version--no book before it's ready).
As always, you'll want to check back often to take advantage of our introductory pricing and to get the books when they're available nowhere else but directly from BooksForABuck.com.
What our authors are up to
- Rob Preece will present his on-line workshop on the Kick-Ass heroine for the "Kiss of Death" Mystery/Suspense Chapter's "Murder One" series in July. I'll also be talking about Kickass Heroines and about ePublishing at the "Hardboiled Heroes & Cosy Cats" Mystery Writers of America Southwest Chapter conference. (Dallas, June 13-14)
- Karen Leabo will address DAWG (Dallas Area Writers' Group) about experiences in publishing on June 10th. She'll give her workshop on the 3-Act structure to the Romance Writers of America National meeting in San Francisco, July 2008. She'll discuss The Author Mind-body Connection and All about Psychics for the Dallas "Hardboiled Heroes & Cosy Cats" Mystery Writers of America Southwest Chapter conference. (Dallas, June 13-14). On July 12, she'll present the All about Psychics workshop to the Yellow Rose Chapter of RWA--Ruby Tuesday in Hurst, TX (11:00 AM).
- Lea Schizas (editor of THE CARPATHIAN SHADOWS Vol. 1) manages the MuseItUp Club for writers. Her FREE online Muse conference is October 13-19.
- Joshua Calkins-Treworgy has a series of videos on the trials of being a writer on YouTube. Check them out.
- Authors--keep me posted on your activities so I can include them in the newsletter.
We added reviews of the following books during May:
- Romance/Women's Fiction
- Science Fiction/Fantasy
Some of our authors are on MySpace. Ask them to be your friend
Find out about the life and writing of an author-publisher. Check it out and add your comments.
Not a newsletter subscriber--YET? It's FREE. Click the Join Now button below.
Click to join BooksForABuckNewsletter
See the Newsletter archive