BooksForABuck.com Newsletter--March, 2009
News and Events
- Welcome to the March edition of the BooksForABuck.com newsletter. We've got some exciting news including, as of right now, two brand new books at the introductory $1 pricing. More details below. Also, next week is Read an eBook Week. To celebrate, we've got a special page listing special offers including all of our free and $1.00 books and stories. Some of the other things we're doing:
- Improved eReader/Palm Reader formatting. We've made more progress formatting our older eReader books. If you run into formatting that looks bad, let me know and I'll convert.
- More places to buy our books. We're testing Smashwords and Readers Eden and will be adding more of our books to these distributors soon.
- News on Kindle. If you've got an iPhone, you can now read Kindle books on the iPhone. Most of our books are available for the Kindle.
- News on Fictionwise. Barnes and Noble has purchased Fictionwise. If you use this fine distributor, please be aware that it is now affiliated with America's largest chain of booksellers.
- Economic Stimulus--with today's weak economy, it's important to make sure you get maximum entertainment for your entertainment dollars. BooksForABuck.com is proud to offer some of the most affordable as well as highest quality fiction available on the web. When you're thinking about stretching your dollars, I hope you'll keep us in mind.
- You can buy BooksForABuck.com stuff from our Cafe Press Store (no markup). (Authors, please let me know if you're interested in your own Cafe Press Store. It's free and I'll be happy to help with artwork and to link to it.)
- If you haven't already done so, check out our videos page. Trailers, video versions, author rants, and just-for-fun entertainment.
Available in March
Still only $1.00
What our authors are up to
- Ken Ingle will be doing a book signing for SARAGOSA PRIME at University of Texas at Arlington on March 7th (new date) (tomorrow) from 10:30-1:30. I plan on stopping by--Texas residents, let's give Ken a warm greeting.
- Karen Leabo and Amy Eastlake's books were featured in Ficbot's Teleread column. Good work Karen and Amy.
- Karen Leabo is teaching a class 'how to quit your day job' online with the Greater Detroit RWA. March 16-20. Contact them for details
- Authors--keep me posted on your activities so I can include them in the newsletter.
We added reviews of the following books during February:
- Romance/Women's Fiction
- No new Romance Reviews during February
- Science Fiction/Fantasy
Some of our authors are on MySpace. Ask them to be your friend
Some of our authors are also on Facebook. Be sure to friend them, too. Included are Rob Preece and Kara Lennox. If your'e a Facebook member, search them out.
Find out about the life and writing of an author-publisher. Check it out and add your comments.
Not a newsletter subscriber--YET? It's FREE. Click the Join Now button below.
Click to join BooksForABuckNewsletter
See the Newsletter archive